Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Carrot Wednesday, Scary Friday, and the Pregnancy Crazies

Dear Baby,
This week you are as big as a carrot. Welcome to week 21. Tomorrow starts week 22! Holy Moly. Carrot = bigger than my belly. Are you getting squished in there, Bean? I am positively shocked at how big you are getting, how fast this is going, and and how time seems to be simultaneously dragging and flying at the same time. On one hand, I'm sure I just saw the little pink lines, at the same time, the scale just tipped. There's now less than half of this pregnancy left. Yikesers.
Carrots are funny. Use your own imagination to fill in the conversation that occurred only moments before this photo was snapped. I assure you, it's what you were thinking.

Doesn't Matt look like he's about ready to give someone the what for in this picture? Someone is about to be in serious trouble. Perhaps for telling inappropriate carrot jokes. (Stephanie and Todd....)

This was Wednesday.
Friday you gave Mom quite a scare. It started out as a great afternoon. Owen and Eli, my favorite munchkins, went to the pet store while their Momma got her hair cut. Then we went to their house. While I was babysitting I had some spotting, not a lot, but considering I've had almost none at all, it was still enough to make my heart go into overdrive. Luckily, Todd showed up almost immediately and took over wrangling the rugrats so I could sit down for a little bit. I pretty much couldn't concentrate on anything but getting home to dopplar and find your tiny, swishy heartbeat. But before that could happen, I needed Matt and Steph to get home, AND we needed to go to Plainfield to pick up our car from the shop, and THEN I needed to race home to dopplar.
Thinking about all this was about the time the pregnancy crazies came and attacked me. When Matt and Steph got home, everybody started talking about going to dinner. DINNER?? "Does no one understand my absolute inability to focus on anything but my baby right now?" the pregnancy crazies demanded impatiently.
Oh wait, I have the BEST husband/friends in the world, and so, they did understand, cuz they rock and stuff. Listen to how they solved my problem:
Todd and Matt drove to Plainfield and picked up my car, while Stephanie drove me ALLLLLL the way to north Brownsburg and dopplared my silly pregnant belly, THEN we all rendezvous'ed to have an excellent dinner. Owen, whom we had not filled in on this plan, started sobbing and thrashing when he saw Daddy and Uncle Todd turn out of the driveway the OPPOSITE direction than we had taken. He doesn't have pregnancy crazies, but sometimes being three and having pregnancy crazies present with a lot of similar symptoms, because I was pretty close to crying and thrashing that day, too.
The pregnancy crazies didn't stop there. I also almost bit my poor husband's head off when he tried to call me from the car to get me to pick a restaurant. Again, the pregnancy crazies cried, "Does no one understand the fragility of my mental state?!?!?! Who cares about the restaurant? And I TOLD you my phone was dying. Just pick a place!!!" The pregnancy crazies had really upped the drama. And again, my loving husband ignored the ugly rearing head of the crazies and totally pretended I didn't sound like a dragon lady. And, my best friend lovingly reassured me when I got off the phone, that I wasn't a total psychopath (though, I kinda admit, that I was being one).
Anywho, we dopplared and found you, Bean, in about two seconds, and then the crazies slunk off into the darkness where they belong. Happy (almost) Summer Sar resurfaced and we all went happily off to dinner.
In conclusion, here is my recommendation for anyone pregnant. Surround yourself only with people who not only love you IN SPITE of your pregnancy crazies, but who will sweetly talk you down off your crazy pregnancy ledge. Because even if you PROMISE yourself that you will never be that CRAZY pregnant girl...you are just one bad day, one scary moment, one freakout from a crazy girl ranting about cell phone batteries and Cajun restaurants.
I'm lucky, I have positively the most loving, supportive, wonderful, funny husband in the world, with a never ending supply of patience. Also, I have the best, best, best friends in the world, who are my family. They are generous, giving, radiant people who make my world go round. I wouldn't trade them for all the tea in China. They love me at my ugliest, craziest, most flawed. I'm so so so thankful for my Todd and my EMOS. Love you. I promise I'll try not to be that crazy again...for awhile anyway :)




1 comment:

  1. No way was I going to tell you that you were being irrational, I value my life too much ;) Totally just kidding. You know we love you no matter what- all of the time. You are the best friend that anyone could ask for, and I count myself as lucky to get to walk beside you on this pregnancy journey... Even when the pregnancy crazies get their hold on you- I'll be there to try and pry their sticky little fingers back off. You're doing great, and you've certainly kept the crazy to a minimum! :)

    ReplyDelete