Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Nine Months in the Big World

Allie's 9 Month Picture, to see Katie's photoblog click here

Dear Baby of Mine,

You've officially been out in the big world as long as you were in our quiet, private one.  I'm so proud of the all the things you've been learning to do, and how beautiful and sweet you are becoming, but in the quiet moments when I'm nursing you or rocking you to sleep, I miss when you lived in my belly, my quiet love.  Now you are seldom still, rarely quiet.  Our cuddle times have become more rare, and all the more precious to me.  Now you are busy, electric, constantly in motion, squawking and giggling as you discover new things to do, new things to see.  You're my brave girl, conquering the wide world.  Each day you are a little less baby, and a little more girl.  I swear each day you lengthen a little, your hair a little thicker, your eyes a little deeper and more knowing.  You break my heart with how much I love you.  You are my marvel, and I love you so.

This month you have become a speed demon.  You still vehemently refuse to crawl up on your knees preferring to slither up and down the hallway to your room like quicksilver.  A mischievious twinkle lights your eyes and an impish grin spreads across your face as you take off towards the DVD bookcase or zoom towards our laptops.  You cannot be left alone for a second, now.  You've become a tiny destruct-O. 

You are also wickedly strong.  You kiss our faces (bite our noses off), and stroke our faces (squeeze our cheeks with your tiny claws).  We're trying to work on being soft and gentle so that Goldi-dog won't be so afraid of you.  In the meantime, I try to keep your nails clipped nice and short so you don't scratch yourself or us when you gouge us with your super-strength.

Also, recently, you did this...

Look, Mama, I'm standing!
I sat you in  your crib after changing your diaper and you just reached out, grabbed the bars...and rocked my world.  So, we'll be spending some night this week lowering the crib, I suppose!


"Look out world, I'm your wild girl!"
 It seems that each and every day you pull out some new trick, just to make my day.  You pull out your delighted giggle and shake your fists in your "Unspeakable Joy" face.  It still makes us laugh.  You ball up your tiny fists, shake them at the sky, open your mouth, and just shake.  You are SO intense.  I love that even at 9 months old, your passion for life is unavoidable, totally infectious, and...hilarious. 

I just want you to know that you are the best part of my every day.  I love getting to spend all day just being your Mommy.  Pleaseknowt hat even when I go back to school, you are always on my mine and in my heart.  I love you so, so, so very much.  You are so very sweet, my angel. 

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, this is so wonderful. You are an amazing writer and your love for Allie is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete