Todd and I became members of the Children's Museum years before we had a Bean of our own. It was a great place (especially in the winter) to take our niece and newphews to explore and blow off some steam. I have loved that place for a really long time. From the time I knew our little Bear was coming, I couldn't wait to introduce her to such an amazing place for kids to learn. Even when she was a baby, on cold weekend days, we would go there just to push her stroller around and tell her about the exhibits. I've been anxiously waiting for her to be big enough to really enjoy the museum. And folks, that time is totally here.
See, there is a lot of unspeakable joy face going on in that picture. And...if you notice, in the bottom right, just a liiiiiiiiiiitle bit of Popeye'd stinkface. Sigh, but we love her, attitude and all. These pictures are all in either the Chiculy exhibit, the carousel, or Toddlerscape. Some of our favorites. Miss Allie can tear that Toddlerscape up. Mom's pretty proud of her.
I'm laughing because obviously these pictures are not edited, just dumped into Picnik collages, so ignore the date stamp from the camera. The top row is from the toddler water table. This is offically Allie's new absolute favorite thing in the world.ever. I think it even beats Minnie Mouse and bananas. I put the tiniest available smock on Allie and it just brushed the floor. She just ran from table to table nonstop. And, sigh, yes, I was totally the overprotective mom who annoyingly chased her kid around, yelling, "Allie, Allie, be careful! Allie, don't take that boat away from that little boy!!!". I was so afraid she would trip on her smock and fall. All the other parents lounged on the side wall looking at me with a loud inner-monologue that totally said, "Amateur." Luckily, my mom ran back and forth with me. So at least I didn't look crazy all by myself. True moms are like that.
She giggled with total glee the whole time. Also, did anyone notice her trying to pick up the little boy next to her in that picture? She refused to leave him alone. She wanted him to be her boyfriend...big time. We're going to have our hands full with this one come teenager time. She also loves dress-up opportunities because, well, sister loves her a fabulous outfit. Please notice exhibit A) cutest baby dinosaur ever and exhibit B) Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. This day we went with Nana and Papa. Papa's a little bit of a ham.
My favorite thing about the museum is just how happy it makes Allie. I think that is the real gift my girl brings to my life. My bucket is so filled when I see the happiness that simple everyday things bring to her. Her joy is my joy. I appreciate those little things more than I ever did. I've had so many moments where something silly totally pumps Allie up, and I think, "Oh, yeah, that is pretty great! I'd forgotten how great that is." That's all, it's not a big revelation or anything, just a little thing that I've come to appreciate. I hope she never loses that joy. I love my girl.




No comments:
Post a Comment