I just want to share a couple of conversations that have happened to me lately. I was amused by them, so who knows, maybe you will be, too?
Conversacion Numero Uno happened in the car driving home from the Region (yup, it gets capitalized, cuz it straight rocks,yo). I'm reading this devotional about women in the Bible on my phone. I get really excited about it and frequently make Todd listen to me gush about how badass some of these women were. If you want to read about Abigail, click here. Basically, though, her husband was this TOTAL moron who made David angry and David was going to kill their whole household, except Abigail begged his forgiveness. So she saved her whole family AND stopped David from making a horrible mistake. Cool chick, right? Okay, go.
Me: Isn't that so cool, babe?
Todd: Mmmhmmm. (Clearly, he's enthralled by my story)
Me: And here's the best part, right after that she saved everyone, her awful husband died! Can you believe it? AND David was so impressed with her that he asked her to marry him, isn't that cool?
Todd: Um, it wasn't so cool for her husband, the dead guy.
Me: (Crickets) Well, yeah, but the story's not about him. Besides, he shouldn't have been such a toolbox.
Todd: True.
Numero Dos: So...I was really late today and when I skidded into the parking lot, there were like, a ton of parents already in the dropoff line BLOCKING MY PARKING SPACES. So, I did this awkward wing around to park on the otherside, and sort of ended up in like, four parking spaces. I was too embarassed to jockey in front of all the parents, so I jumped out of my car and tried to rush in the building...except I forgot the eggs I needed for science class in the car...so I turned around and shamefully walked back to my ridiculously parked car. Then, one car window rolled down to reveal a car load of my students with one of their grandma's...awesome. Then I dropped my keys in front of another car. Clearly, I was making a good impression on the good people of the car pool line, what with my punctuality, mad parking skills, and overall, got-it-all-togetherness. Sorry, that was a lot of intro. Oh, also, this happened lining up after recess in front of ALL THE ENTIRE SECOND GRADE!
Random Second Grader #1: Mrs. Walroth!! My grandma said you were a REALLY BAD PARKER this morning.
Me: Well...um...awesome.
Random Second Grader #2: Aren't you embarassed right now?
Umm...yes...random second grader...yes I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment