Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine's Day...also my husband is super RAD

To quote...um...me when I cried in New York watching strangers get engaged, "I just love *love*."  And I do, folks, I love it.  I love romance, I love friendship, I love mommy-love-cuddling on little beebas.  Sigh.  I love warm fuzzies.  So, it may be no surprise that I think Valentine's Day is AH-dorable.  I'm pretty excited to celebrate it with happy little family this year.  Because you know,  I love those two bushels and pecks.  Because they're RAD, folks, RAD.  Todd and Allie = RAD.

Todd and I already agreed to not do anything crazy for each other.  Honestly, I think we both just want to get to spend a quiet dinner together where we can think about what a great year it's been and how much we love spending life together.  And, you know, having a conversation that doesn't include us saying things like, "Allie, don't eat your shoe," "Allie, please don't throw your grilly cheese, that's not nice," "Shhh, Allie, we don't yell in restaurants"...you get the picture.  I did find a pretty cute DIY on Pinterest that I've got my eye on for him...but I can't show you it until after Valentine's Day, because, you know, Todd is one of the five people that actually ever looks at my little corner of the internet.

Allie, however, is a totally other story.  There will be gifts, and cards, and Mickey and Minnie related paraphenelia.  I'm already totally geeking out about all the cute things that I want for her.  Since Allie can't really read yet...or work a computer...I can show you the presents I've been getting together for her.


First is the ABC Book from Shutterfly.  I wanted to make Allie a photo ABC book for a long time, so I was pretty pumped to find out that they actually have a template for that.  It was very easy to use and customize and I am a little obsessed with the way it turned out!  We actually had plans of giving it to her for Christmas, we even  had it on time...we just forgot.  So, um, it's now the coolest Valentine's Day gift ever.

The cute little bee is a Lovebug from Hallmark.  It's got a zipper so you can hide little lovies for your little bug to find.  Allie loves carrying a purse and putting things in it and taking things out of it, so I think this will be pretty much up her alley.  I hope that I can continue hiding little love tokens in there for her to find for years to come.

Lastly, is that little owl.  I've been in love with little stuffed owls on Etsy forever.  However, I was not in love with spending lots of money on a little pillow person.  That, in general, is my problem with Etsy.  I see things, and think, "Oh, I can make that!" but my powers of procrastination keep me from actually ever doing them.  So, even though it took me months and months to actually make this little lady, and that she may not be as cute as some of the owls on Etsy, I'm pretty darn proud of her.  I can't wait to give her to Allie, especially since telling me what owls say is one of her new favorite tricks.

So, basically to review
1.  I'm in love with love. 
2.  These people rock my world.

3.  And I really do need an intervention when it comes to buying/making presents for my Allie-bear.

1 comment:

  1. Awe your owl is adorable! Owen is checking out promise rings for the object of his imprinting. We once again had the dinner convo of Owen telling eli that he could marry me, or you, or T- because he was definitely marrying Allie! :)I

    ReplyDelete