Friday, July 9, 2010

28 Weeks! Only 12 to go!!!!!!

Dear  BabyMine,
We spent week 28 in North Carolina with Gramma and Grandpa J (aka my momma and papa) and Aunt Katie and Goldilocks, the super poodle.  You loved the beach, but hated flying (or maybe that is just your momma projecting on you). 

Highlights of our trip included seeing Aunt Katie sing the national anthem for a Pelicans game, watching her at play practice (girl sings a mean rendition of Where the Boys Are), and *be excited* getting our first maternity shoot done.  Yes, I said first.  Get used to it, Baby Luv, Aunt Katie is an actual professional photographer.  She and I have done photo shoots of each other for fun since we were, um, about seven.  Your baby book will probably be fatter than a Yellow Pages.  We will take more pictures when Aunt Katie comes for your shower in August. 

So anywho, Aunt KT is still working her photoshop magic on your Momma, but here are a few of the raw proofs.  We had an awesome day.  Momma changed outfits under the board walk and when we were done, we went swimming.  On the way home, we had Italian Ice.  Mommy had three scoops with 7 different flavors.  Don't judge, it was pure Heaven in a Dixie cup.  You approved, believe me.  In fact, I think some of the flavor combos were your idea.  Banana and mint chocolate isn't something I ever would have agreed to.  But, girl, you got great taste!  We loooooved us some Italian Ice that day.  (See pic #4 for proof).  So, without further adieu, here is week 28 and a sneak peek at our beach photos. 

Thanks Auntie Katie!!!

Mommy loves you forever and always.

Mommy under the boardwalk...with all her clothes on, unlike when I was changing.
Heaven, in a cup, with a spoon/straw.  MMMMMM...this is what I am craving.  Too bad it is a million miles away from Indiana.
How far along? 28 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: It is vacation.  I object to weigh ins on vacation.
Maternity clothes? Underwear, check, bathing suit, check, shorts and capris, check.
Sleep: Not great at Auntie K's.  I blame my lack of Boppy pillow.
Best moment this week: Seeing my sister.  I freaking love her.
Movement: Yup, Mom and Katie both felt her.  I swear she knows she's home because she's been going nuts since we got back. 
Food cravings: If I haven't already made clear my love for the Italian Ice...Italian Ice.  Sweet frozen nectar of the gods.  In coconut cream, pineapple, peach, raspberry, creamsicle...hmmmmmm
Gender: Tutus, hairbows, ballet shoes, sigh, my princess
Labor Signs: Nada, thank goodness.
Belly Button in or out? In, for now.
What I miss: Fitting my feet into my shoes without a fight.
What I am looking forward to: Seeing my maternity pics all done.
Weekly Wisdom: Even if you are technically allowed to fly when you are 7 months pregnant, it still kinda sucks. 
Milestones:  Ermm...I don't know.  We are almost done with lamaze.  Does that count?  Making it through all the flying I will need to do before this kid is born without needing two seats for me and my baby belly?  At this point, I feel like everything is a milestone.  And I still have like two and a half months?  Yeesh!

5 comments:

  1. Your pictures are beautiful. Love them and how cute you look! Enjoy being back in your own bed with your pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I totally am enjoying my pillow! How are you and Jackson?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are doing great. We visited friends in Bloomington and then stopped at Oliver for a visit. Now we are both goin to nap. What a great day!

    We would love to find another day to get together soon. Jackson told me he wants to show off so that he can impress Little Miss and maybe be her boyfriend. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very presh! :) they don't need photoshopped at all!

    ReplyDelete