Saturday, October 23, 2010

Do you know what I did today?

Good morning, Mommy!  I loooove you!  Thanks for breakfast!  I am so happy in my milky coma.  What should we do on this fine, sunny Friday morning?  Go for a walk?  Cuddle on the couch?  Shop for onesies and headbands? 


Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????  I have to do what????  Are you sure???? Do I have to????  Oh no!!! (Notice how the hands are raised in horror)


Awww, shucks.  I have to go to the doctor.  Nuts!  I better get a treat for this!



Our doctor appointment went pretty well.  Allie is still 8 lbs. 6 oz.!!  She was 21 inches long and her head was 37.7 cm. in circumference.  The only scary thing is that the doctor was concerned about Allie's breathing sounds  (which Mommy has been concerned and asking about since Little Miss was born), so we're going to do a sleep study to make sure she's getting enough oxygen while she's sleeping.  Umm...so that means that until we do, Mommy will be obsessively checking on someone about 1,000 times a night.  Way to NOT put a new, nervous Mommy at ease.  At least we didn't need to get any shots today.  That's next time.  I think next time is Daddy's turn.  Don't you?  As I was changing Allie after the appointment, someone thought it was a great idea to pee all over the doctor's table right as the nurse walked back in...awesome.  Mommy fail.

To celebrate Allie and I making it through our first week alone together, we went to Target to celebrate (and we needed to look for vitamins for Allie).  We didn't find the right kind of vitamins, but I still managed to spend $70.  Target, you are my love.  I got the caaaa-utest jewelry tree with little birds to hold my necklaces (hopefully my new Lillypie necklace I will be rocking soon :)  I also found some pretty awesome shirts on the clearance racks (for $2.50 and $4!!!)

Then, Allie and I busted Todd out of work at 3 p.m.!!!!  Unheard of, no???  We had the best afternoon walking up and down Mass Ave.  We went to Mass Ave. Toys (where we bought awesome nesting blocks for Allie that match  her vintage alphabet poster in her room, I couldn't believe it), Silver in the City, and Nurture (where I bought theeeeeeee cutest owl t-shirt for wayyyyy too much money, but it is so adorable...pictures to come.)

Later, we went to dinner with our favorite family, the Gessners. I fed Allie in public for the first time...and got totally stared at by a stranger.  In classic Sara style, I got flustered and awkward and nervous.  Luckily, Steph stared her down until the lady looked away, because that's what real friends do...give strangers stink-eye.  After dinner we went back to Matt and Steph's and watched the movie Babies.  If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend  it.  Super adorable.  Todd was falling asleep so we came home at like, ten o'clock...cuz that's how we roll now...exhausted by ten.  Anyway, Todd is already asleep, poor Daddy having to go back to work.  I'm sitting up with Allie trying to get her all fed up, so maybe she'll sleep for awhile tonight.  Hopefully we'll have a nice restful weekend.  Cross  your fingers for us!  Good night! 

1 comment:

  1. I love that your friend gave the stranger the stink eye! Awesome :) Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with your little girl, she's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete