Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday Weigh In

Not me!  For Allie, sillies! 

We've been going to a breast feeding support group, because, people, let me tell you...it's not always easy!  I'm really committed to breastfeeding, and I love the bonding it is giving us, but, holy barracuda baby, Batman!  We definitely had a rough start.  What made it even worse is that I had totally drunk the breast feeding kool-aid at lamaze, where they PROMISE you it won't hurt a bit, it's totally  natural, women have been doing this for thousands of blah blah blah years.  Liars.  Reality check:  it hurts, dude!  24/7 soreness the first couple of days, and actual pieces of yourself can just GO MISSING, as in...fall off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Are you kidding me?????

Allie resembled nothing so much as a baby shark in the beginning.  For awhile I lived in abject fear of the her next feeding time rolling around.  My heart would start pounding and I felt a little bit like having an anxiety attack every three hours.  Yikes.

So...anyway...yeah...breastfeeding group pretty much saved my life.  Now I really am starting to love it.  I even like getting up in the middle of the night and cuddling my baby on the living room couch while the rest of the house is still and asleep.  It's super sweet.  I love her little coos and her sweet little hands. 

The best part about going to breastfeeding group is that you get to weigh  your little munchkin every week and see how you're doing.  So far, Bean has been kicking it!  Here's the stats so far:

5 days:  7 lbs 3 oz
12 days:  7 lbs 9 oz
19 days:  7 lbs 12 oz
26 days: 8 lbs 6 oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is what 8 lbs and 6 oz of ADORABLE looks like!!!!  She says, "Hey Aunt Stephanie, I'm totally pulling of this headband you made me!"

Way to go, LoveyDuck!!!  Allie yawns and says, "Whatever, it wasn't even hard.  I just rock at growing."

Mommy is so so so proud of you :)  You are the bestest, smartest 3 week old in the whole world!

1 comment:

  1. Dude... This is so true. Breastfeeding is H.A.R.D. It hurts. I'd like to hit all of those liars who tell unsuspecting moms-to-be otherwise!
    Also, soo glad that you're loving breastfeeding support group. It totally saved my life, and I'm so happy that it's saving yours too. Remember all of the comments that your husband used to have for me in regards to bf support group?? I remember something along the lines of, "Do you guys like swap babies?"
    Yes Todd. Yes we do. :)

    Allie is totally rocking that headband!! Adorable!

    Finally... Your baby is almost 1 month old... How did THAT happen??? Haven't you learned anything from my mistakes in letting these littles get too big, too fast?? Slow down little Allie!

    ReplyDelete