My princess is five months old (she'll be six tomorrow, so I totally get this in under the wire). I picked this photo because
A) You seldom see her without a paci in her mouth these days.
B) Toes are the hot new thing in our house. Toes even trump raspberries. She how she is showing you her toes. She wants you to be impressed.
It's been a crazy eventful month here in the Walroth household. Highlights in the form of a random stream of thought:
*Allie rolls now, from belly to back and, AND!!!! from back to belly (only once, but it totally counts).
*Allie sits for short periods of time unassisted. Longer if she gets a little help from BebePod or a rolled up blankie.
*Allie eats avocado. We skipped rice cereal. We made it *almost!!!* to six months on breast milk alone...but now...the big girl eats food. Mommy finally gave in. Allie was grabbing for anything we tried to eat/drink around her. I needed to give her some real food so she'd leave ours alone!
Just kidding. It was time, though. The signals were all there. Sigh. Where did my baby go? She loves it....no matter what kind of stinkface she is giving in the picture below.
*Also, Miss Allie Grace sleeps in her own crib...cuz she's so big. Mommy cried a little bit over that one. Do you like how she's playing possum here? She's not really asleep even a little bit. Please note the crib empty of all lovies, dollies, babies, bears, bunnies, giraffies, minkies, and any other cute thing that is apparently evil to leave in baby's crib. (They're all in a pile on the floor next to the crib...don't tell my Mom).
*Allie is funny...ie HILARIOUS. Our new favorite joke is to have Allie "walk" by the doorway unexpectedly when one of us is in the other room. Here is Allie surprising Daddy and Gramma when we were home for a visit. Too cute!
Thanks for watching Allie grow up. I think it's pretty incredible. Hopefully I'll be back soon with the 6 month update!


so sweet! I love her "walking" pic!
ReplyDelete