Hi again, people.
I just realized when I got to work today that lots of people did NOT in fact know why I'd been missing for two days. So I thought I'd just go ahead and update.
Sunday night Todd and I were watching the DVR'd Purdue game (totally so not worth the time). Allie had been sleeping peacefully for hours. All of the sudden, this gasping, wheezing, whistley badness came screeching over the monitor. We looked at each other and bolted out of bed.
I turned Allie over my arm and proceeded to try to baby heimlich her because I honestly thought she was choking. She woke up, looked at me, and broke my heart because she gave us her HUGE, "Hey Momma, I love you soooooooooooo much! I'm so glad to see you!!!!!" smile. Then she coughed the horrible, seal-bark, croupy cough, and her sweet little face crumpled into a cry of ouchy-baby-pain. She couldn't draw a full breath in between her coughs. We called the ER and after listening to her stridor over the phone (her squeaker was back, BIG TIME), they told us to bring her in.
We arrived at the ER at about 2...there were some CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY people in that ER at two a.m. Let's just say there were some grown people kicking up a lot more of a fuss about their pain than my teeny baby. I don't know if I can say anyhing more without being judgy. Aaaaanyway, we got into an ER room about an hour later...and sat...and sat...and sat...until 4 a.m. I tried to get Allie to sleep on the gurney, but wasn't super successful. At four she received 2 breathing treatments right in a row. The first one went great, the second one made her scream bloody murder the.whole.darn.time. Then we had to wait for two hours to see how she did with them. So we tried to sleep (unsuccessfully) again on the gurney. After two hours, we did another breathing treatment and an X-ray.
After all these shenanigans, the ER resident told us it was pretty much up to us whether we wanted to try to go home, or to stay and have her be monitored overnight in case she had trouble breathing again. Ummmmm, I like my baby fully oxygenated, thank you very much, I think we'll stay. We got admitted, and up to our room around 7 a.m. YAWN!!! We fed Allie and then got her down to sleep. At this point, I was pretty much holding my eyelids open with toothpicks, so I took a nap, too. Todd, Superdad of the world, went home and got our overnight stuff. When he came back, I woke up and switched places with him so he could nap, too. The rest of the day was thankfully uneventful. Allie was sleepy, stuffy, and generally sick...
But in classic Allie style, she rallied and made my day with her sweet, "I love my Momma!" smile... That breaks my heart. Even when she's in the stinking hospital, she feels awful, and I'm coming to suck her nose out, which I know will make her scream, she still looks at me like I'm the most awesome thing since sliced bread. Is there anything better in the whole world than that smile from your baby?
And she even practiced sitting up like a big, grown up lady-bug in her hospital bed. Doesn't she look sooooo proud of herself? I think she looks *exactly* like her Daddy in this picture. The strawberry hair, the mischievous smirk, the smiley eyes...melt my heart. This is the face of my loves.
So, basically, the rest of the trip was uneventful, except for Todd and I trying to share the little pull out chair to sleep in all night. Can anyone else believe that with as much time as Todd spends at the Wiz that he doesn't have his own bed there? Once Allie proved that she could make it through the night all by herself, they let us go home on Tuesday.
Doesn't she look happy to be home? I think she was a little overwhelmed at this point, but trust me, once she saw all her toys and her gym, she was super pumped. We even put up her brand new baby swing on her swing set outside. We took her out there for about five minutes as a reward for doing such a great job at the hospital. She giggled the whole time. Loving it. This is going to be an awesome spring.
Thanks for all the prayers and texts and facebook messages and calls and visits and love. We appreciate you guys so much. We felt so loved. God is so good. He healed our little girl right away and I am so so so thankful. When I think of all the parents with their sweet babies that don't get to go home after one night, my heart just falls to my toes. We're just so, so lucky. Allie owes you all a hug, once she's not all mucusy and contagious ;) Until then, she's sending you big virtual snuggles and smooches.
Good night, guys. Love you!
SarTodd and Allie Grace






So glad to hear Allie is doing better. We hate the 2AM, Wishard ER, my baby can't breath thing too. I hope you never have to do it again.
ReplyDeleteSooooo glad Allie is feeling better! Poor baby girl! Ummmm...she is totally axlittle Todd.....too cute!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad little bug is ok! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks guys :)
ReplyDelete