Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What It's All About

So...I found this draft in my list of blog drafts that I never finished...and I'm hitting publish.  Because it's Wednesday again.  And because it's still true.  And because I miss blogging or doing any other things that qualify as "me time" except for maybe playing a game or two of Angry Birds while I nurse Allie at 5:30 a.m.  So...here you go.  It's not especially interesting, remarkable, or funny...it's just true.  It's the stuff swirling around in my head when I'm in the midst of a Wednesday when I'm being the mommy/teacher/robot that I am.

These two.  Love them.  I LIVE for Saturdays.  I count the minutes until Saturday when I can let my Bean sleep in, nurse her in bed, and then lay her down to cuddle Daddy while I enjoy the lazy sunlight that trickles in through our bedroom blinds.  I wish every day was Saturday.  I needed to give myself a little dose since today is...sigh...Wednesday.  Trapped in the middle of the work week.  Not a weekend in sight.

 
Soooooooooooooooooo...I haven't posted in a really long time...because dude, being a mom makes you tired.  And being a mom and a teacher at the same time...makes me feel like the walking dead many a day.  I have started nodding off while rocking Allie or feeding Allie every night this week.  Tonight we actually made it through "bath, book, baa's, bed" with Mommy awake for all four steps of the process!  Major Mommy win!  We read "Llama Llama, Red Pajama" which is fast becoming my new favorite book.  We also like "Little Miss Sunshine" but, dude, that book is long.  We may paraphrase *ahem, skip* a bunch of lines.  She's pretty little...so I don't think she has it figured out yet.  So don't tell her, okay?

So, anyway, I really have really just been tired, and work has been getting me down.  I don't really want to clutter up my blog with, "Wah...I'm tired...wah, I hate that the Indiana legislature is out to dismantle public education!" (Which, BTW, they totally are.  Please, please e-mail your reps and implore them not to give all your child's school dollars to charter schools which totally, totally fail.  Seriously, I'll e-mail the PDF I downloaded.  Of all the lowest performing 20-something schools, they are overwhelmingly!!!!! charter schools!!!!!!!!!!!)  See, this is why I haven't been blogging.  Look at all the italicizing...and superfluous exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm fired up just THINKING about it.  Okay, cleansing breath...in...out...in...out.  Okay, I'm done.  No more whining!  No more complaining about the constant attacks on my chosen profession (yes, I realize that's what I'm doing right now.  I promise I'll stop.) 

On happier topics, Allie is amazing!  She's over five months now!!! (5 month stat report to come ASAP).  She laughs, and my heart...melts...puddles.  She laughs in her sleep.

That was as far as I got.  Blech.

No comments:

Post a Comment