Friday, August 13, 2010

33 Weeks...aka it is too hot for Beans at the State Fair

    Okay...here you go.  33 Weeks.  This is momma after her first full day at work.  There weren't kiddos yet, but still, I was at school for like, 12 hours.  UN-acceptable.  I lesson planned, I answered parent e-mails, my feet ate Tokyo.  I feel ready...........ish.  My room is still needing a couple of last minute touches, but those are going to have to happen Monday morning. 

     I am exhausted.  I literally walked in the door, walked into my bedroom, put my feet on a stack of pillows and fell asleep.  God bless Todd, he just let me sleep.  He was mowing the lawn when I got home, like a good honey, so I didn't even say hi.  I just fell into a sweet, sweet sleep.  I took this picture a couple hours later when I woke up. I hope I made it seven more weeks!  Day one and two were pretty tough. 

    By the way, doesn't my belly look as though it is taking on a torpedo/bullet type shape?  I think someone is trying to burrow her way out through the front.  That is NOT how we do it Little Miss.  The way out is down, not forward march.


How far along: 33 weeks, two days.  Bean is about 4 pounds and over 17 inches long!  Can you believe it?  That's like, real baby size, folks!
Weight gain: I don't know.  I didn't ask at my last appointment.  I figure if they aren't concerned enough to discuss it with me, it must be okay.
Stretch marks: Dude, I got brave and took a picture with exposed belly.  I really was going to post it, but it looked worse on the computer screen than in real life...so I chickened out.  I am striped, people, striped.  Not pretty.
Maternity clothes: Duh, yup.  Pants, tank tops, dresses, you name it, I've got it.
Sleep: Sleep.  I love sleep.  I am going to cry Monday morning.  I still need feet propped, head propped, pop a Zantac and some Tums, but I do looooooove my sleep.
Best moment this week: Working on some little girl's nursery with her Daddy :)
Food cravings: Candy, Dairy Queen, things Mommy loves anyway
Gender: :)  I don't even need to say!  She has tutus and hairbows and baby legs :)
Belly button in or out?: Holding strong at in, baby!  But, it is  not very deep.
Labor signs: Nope, although some days I feel that she maybe is migrating in a southward direction.
What I miss: Nothing important, still silliness like wearing my rings and having size 7 1/2 feet. 
What I'm looking forward to: Ummm, having a baby in 7 weeks~! 
Milestone: Going back to work.  Hanging things on the nursery walls.
Weekly Wisdom: The baby doesn't care if it has dessert colored walls.  (Except that from Juno, but still true)  Don't stress about making things perfect, I hear the baby won't notice :)


    In other news, last night we ventured out to the Indiana State Fair to celebrate my last night of freedom.  We saw the International Building Japan exhibit (very cool, there were baby seal robots...which I decided I need, and sushi, it was shrimp tempura, so you know I ate that up).  We also visited the photography exhibits and the 1800 pound cheese sculpture.  Basically, if it was in an air conditioned building, I was all over it.  AND I got a milkshake from the Dairy Barn.  Which is my favorite place at the fair.  All in all, it was a very successful trip to the fair.

It was also the Toby Mac/Chris Tomlin concert.  Since they are two of my favorite Christian artists, I sucked it up and ventured outdoors (something I've not done much of this summer unless swimming was directly involved).  That is Chris and Toby up above.  I have got to get a new/better camera ASAP.  Someone add that to my to-do-pre-baby-list, please.  The show was amazing, but kids, it's hot.  Soooooooo hot.  I was sweating even after the sun went down and the normal people had regulated their body temperatures beyond the point of leaving a puddle of sweat on their seats (embarassing).  Anywho, the concert was awesome and Todd and I really enjoyed having one last date night before Summer Sar disappeared for nine months.  I have hopes that maybe Maternity Leave Sar will bear some resemblance to Summer Sar.  Thoughts?  I hope, I hope???

2 comments:

  1. You look 100% full of baby beautiful. Hope school goes easy on you. I miss that I don't get to see you each day. Jackson and I must come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you look amazing. Love your top! Loving stripes at the moment. Its hard to feel beautiful when you are pregnant , trust me I know. I cried a lot haha but its so worth it! You look beautiful! Be proud of your bump of love! xo
    littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
    babiekinsmag.com

    ReplyDelete