So...I'm starting to get to that point where I'm realizing, "This is the last fill in the blank before we have the baby!" Usually, it makes me excited. I can't wait to start life as a mommy!
This morning, though, when Todd kissed me goodbye, I realized this is the last Friday ever of summer vacation by myself. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm sooooooooooooooooooo excited that next summer I'll be hanging out with my little princess, but it gave me a teensy tinsy moment of "aw, shucks". No more sleeping as late as I want, no more laying out and reading chick lit while drinking cherry slushies...for one tiny second, I felt a little sad as my lazy, selfish summer days slipped right out of my fingertips...forever. (Does that make me a horrible mom?)
Luckily, my loving husband was right there with the assist to snap me back to reality. "Well, at least you have summer vacation." Ouch, someone was apparently a little grouchy this morning.
Thanks, hon. Way to make me feel like a total jerk.
So, I spent today cleaning, doing dishes, and washing baby clothes. (When I should have been aimlessly wandering the aisles of Target drinking a cherry slushy...cherry slushies are very big to Summer Sara). I even checked my work e-mail and threw up in my mouth a little when I saw all the e-mails about next week. Blech.
I'm okay knowing that in two short months it won't ever be about me anymore, I get that. I get that my whole paradigm will shift, the anchor of my universe will be a tiny, cooing little rosebud baby. It's wonderful, I'm ready. But, every once in awhile, the younger, brattier me buried inside whines when she realizes I will have to become a better housekeeper, an earlier riser, a more organized me. And eveeeeeery once in awhile, like on my very last Freedom Friday ever, I have a little bit of trouble telling her to shut up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


well, you are definitely not a bad mom, lol!!! Im actually a bit jealous of your last summer. Mine was 6 years ago, wayyy too soon. Lots of times I wish I could just have a whole day or laying around sleeping and reading magazines in the sun. I always tell myself "one day Ill miss this" and its true! Enjoy your last summer alone. You will miss it, Im sure... but the summers with your baby will be ten times more meaningful and special. That I'm sure of too!
ReplyDeleteThe owl outfit is from a friend in Canada and have NO idea how you would get your hands on it! so sorry! And have you gotten the headbands yet? Sent them last week...
ReplyDelete