Tomorrow this...
will be on the outside! Woo hoo!
So, in case you haven't heard...WE'RE HAVING A BABY TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We went to the doctor on Wednesday and my blood pressure was great, but when my NP called my doctor, she still wanted to go ahead and induce us. I think she just feels more comfortable getting the baby out before the blood pressure had a chance to become an issue. My NP and my doctor knew I wanted to go natural and my NP asked me if I wanted to try to hold off so that I could go into labor naturally. My decision (obviously) was to do whatever the doctor thought was safest for Little Miss...so there you go! That's the story in a nutshell.
I know I really didn't want to be induced, I really did/do want to attempt natural, but now after having a week to just think on the situation, I'm SO EXCITED about getting to meet this little Bean tomorrow! I can't hardly stand it! Todd keeps saying tonight is like Christmas Eve times 1,000. He's even been singing some Christmas carols because now he's got the whole Christmas spirit thing stuck in his head. :) Now I'm pretty much totally at peace with the induction. I just keep reminding myself of one of the mantras from my Advanced Labor Support class: "This birth is right for me and my baby." I know however it turns out is according to God's plan...and this is probably another case of God showing me that He's in control...not me. And actually, that makes me feel better and more at peace with this whole thing.
Tomorrow, hopefully, there will be a sweet baby girl for everyone to feast their eyes on. Until then, keep us in your thoughts and prayers! Thanks to everyone who has loved, supported, followed us during this pregnancy. We really appreciate all the love and friendship that was poured out and showered on us during this pregnancy. You all overwhelmed us with your kindness.
How far along: 39 weeks. Andddddddddddddd done!
How big is baby: The size of a watermelon. As of 2 weeks ago at the ultrasound...7 pounds 4 ounces. Which means that by now...she's probably 8 pounds 4 ounces. Yikes!
Weight gain: Okay, I must have been wrong last week. Because I am down 7 pounds from what I thought I was last week...that can't be right...can it? I'm so confused!
Stretch marks: Do I need to comment on this? I have an 8 pound watermelon busting my belly from the inside. I surrender, Baby!
Maternity clothes: Dude, I'm huge. The plus side is if any families got lost in the wilderness with me, they could use my dresses for shelter from the elements...so I've got that going for me.
Sleep: I still love sleeping, but I can only do it for a few hours at a time...much like a baby.
Best moment this week: Umm, that will be tomorrow, friends.
Food cravings: Candy, potato casserole (thanks, Mom!).
Gender: Pretty princess baby.
Movement: Yup! She's running out of room, though. The kicks have lessened, but she squirms like the dickens and makes my whole belly undulate. That's right...I said undulate.
Belly button in or out?: In, barely.
Labor signs: DUDE! Contractions, mucus plus (sorry, TMI), dilated 3 cm, 50-75% effaced! Woo hoo! Go us!
What I miss: I think tomorrow I will say that I miss being pregnant, so tonight, I'm just reveling in my one last night of having my little baby in my belly all to myself. I love love love you, Little Bean.
What I'm looking forward to: Seriously?????????????? 8 a.m. tomorrow morning...becoming a MOMMY!!!!! (and then of course, sushi and Oliver ice wine)
Milestone: Making it to the end of this pregnancy. Healthy, happy, strong as a couple, and ready to be parents!
Weekly Wisdom: Let go. You're not in charge, anyway.
Love you guys!


Aww love it. Love you guys, llove the be bean, can't wait til tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you!!! (and jealous!) I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow and I look forward to seeing pics of your little bean. :)
ReplyDeleteGood Luck, everything will go great, you are in good hands and they will do everything they can to make you as comfortable as possible and to keep you and baby safe!! Can't wait to see pics :) Being a mommy is the best, enjoy your time in the hospital while people are there to help you (i loooved that part!)
ReplyDeleteAwww...you look great in these pictures! I can't wait to meet the little Miss. I'm so glad we got to be pregnant together for a while. Thinking about you and praying. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteLove you Sara!!! You'll do great! Can't wait to see her and hear her name!!!!!! :) : :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):):):):):):):):):):):
ReplyDeletethinking about you today. Looking foward to meeting her on the blog! :)
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking about you all day. Hope everything is going well.
ReplyDeleteyour baby is totally old now. get to postin. you have lurkers who have demands.
ReplyDelete