Monday I went to my normal weekly doctors appointment and, bada bing, my blood pressure was a whopping 160/98, despite my weekend of laying my butt in bed getting nothing accomplished. After resting it was still pretty high (is it a bad sign that even though Little Miss is not born yet, she can pump up my blood pressure?) so back to Wishard I went. This time, I was directly admitted, which was good, because my doctor totally yelled at the nurse who accused me of angling for an induction when she called to admit me (haaa, haaa). I was happy to not have to spend any more quality time with her. I especially was glad she didn't get to stick me with any needles or catheters...just in case she is the vengeful type.
And there I sat...(and read)
and sat...(and watched 100 epidsodes of A Baby Story and Say Yes to the Dress)
and sat...(and ate hospital food)
for three days.
At the end of which, I still hadn't seen my actual doctor. And I was released with no baby!
Basically we did all my pre-E labs again, and they were all negative. I got started on a blood pressure medicine, and it did help, some. At the end of three long, boring days, we finally got to come home.
The plus side is that my husband is the best ever! He stayed with me pretty much the whole time. He even worked from my room as much as he could and got the nurses to bring him another hospital bed so that he could sleep in my room. I felt like we were Lucy and Ricky with our little twin beds. I think he even showered in the locker room at the hospital. Once he had gone home to get our bags, he didn't leave the hospital once for the rest of the three days. He just worked and kept me company, which I'm sure was a little challenging since by day three, I was pretty much stir crazy and weepy non-stop. He had to be pretty sick of being in the hospital, too.
We could.not.have.been.happier to get back to our house Wednesday night! I have never been so happy to sleep in my own bed and shower in my own bathroom.
Thursday I went to school, said goodbye to the kiddos, and got caught up with my maternity leave sub.
I also had my work baby shower, which was so much fun! I didn't realize how much I would miss everybody at school! My favorite part was that all of last year's babies were there! It is crazy to think that by this time next year Bean will not only be on the outside of me, but I'll be preparing for a 1st birthday! I can't wait for her to meet all these precious babies and be friends with them. I can't believe in just a short year she will be as big as Lilly and Trevor...it blows my mind. I know time is getting ready to just start charging ahead...like that big boulder in Indiana Jones. I just hope I can keep up!
So, that brings us to Friday...I'm doing nothing. I'm being a good bed resting Mommy. I trolled facebook, read blogs, and watched Role Models...I may lose my mind. I never thought I would miss work this much...but I'm losing it. Hurry up baby! Mommy needs somebody to play with!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You have my number. Call me and Jackson and I will come and entertain you. I am sure that will be good for you!
ReplyDelete