Allie at three months and four days. That is your quilt you got from Riley Children's Hospital when you had your surgery. You are now happy, healthy, and squeak free!
Oh my goodness! Angelgirl, this has been quite a month (which should be evident by my lack of posting...there has been NO time!). On Christmas Eve, you my sweet dove, turned three months old. The Fourth Trimester is officially done. You are no longer my sweet, cuddly, little lump of cuteness. You are still sweet, cuddly, little, and cute...but now you are a crazy, wild, constantly in motion firecracker of cuteness. You move, you groove, you shake it.
You love to use your voice and if we say, "Hi!" enough times, you make a squeal that sounds so close to HI! You are pretty much brilliant. You are constantly facing the conundrum of "Do I want to talk, or do I want to suck my paci?" The answer is usually, "I want to do both." This makes you frustrated when you can't figure out how to have your paci while simultaneously talking and laughing. When you can figure out how to get your paci back in your mouth by yourself, it'll be on! You now hold your head up like a rockstar. You like to sit on our knees and look around the room all by yourself. You are a super friendly baby and will coo at pretty much anyone who wants to hold you, which is everyone!
The biggest thing that happened this past month was that you got your surgery. They lasered some of the tissue in your subglottis, and now you don't squeak anymore when you sleep! You were a really brave girl and recovered so quickly. I think you are already starting to grow quicker than ever. You weighed 10 pounds 11 ounces at the hospital, so I'm sure you are over 11 pounds now. You are finally big enough to wear your cloth diapers and you look adorable when you have a big, fluffy bottom.
Mommy goes back to work in a week and I already can't stand it. I am kissing your little face and cuddling on you as much as possible. You're such a happy, easy going girl that I am sure you will be just fine with Aunt Stephanie. Maybe she will bring you to come have lunch with Mommy sometimes.
You fill Mommy and Daddy's days with love and light. I have no idea what I ever thought was important or exciting or worthwhile before you. You are the center of my world. I adore your smiles, your sounds, your sweetness. I can't wait to watch you as you keep growing and getting bigger and smarter. I am so proud of you everyday and I just can't believe that something as beautiful as you grew inside of me.
All the love in the world,
Mommy and Daddy, too


I will for sure be bringing the little miss for lunch. I know her mama. I love her mama- and I for sure know that she and mama will need to have some lunches together!
ReplyDeleteI love your princess and I promise to teach, hold, snuggle, play with and love your little peanut every second you have to be away from her.
Love you.
I know. I don't know what I would do without you. I'd for sure be having a mental breakdown right now. I had a dream I went back to work and was totally fine. Then I woke up. Sigh.
ReplyDelete