Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Top Two Tuesday...New Year's Edition


Okay, so I realized I haven't blogged about ALLIE'S FIRST CHRISTMAS yet.  But just you wait.  If you know me on Facebook, you have seen a couple of photos so far...let's just say, adorable.  And awesome...and...sigh...craaaaazy.  But you have to know me in real life to hear those stories.  I should be a screenwriter, though, my family would make a way funnier holiday movie than anything I've seen lately.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I digress...let's skip ahead to New Year's and those lovely little resolutions they bring.  Last year this blog was my resolution...humorously enough to start documenting how awesome my life was even though I didn't have a little peanut yet.  I was feeling a little down at the time about  my lack of baby-loviness, so I decided this blog would be a live document of our awesome life as a couple really was...then God laughed at me and I found out about our little Lentil on January 20th (though in my heart I knew she was there about a week before that).  I've done an okay job...ish...for someone who has a brand new baby.  I would love to say I'm going to be a better blogger...but honestly...I'm going back to work in a few days and I just don't know that that is a realistic goal.

You're probably wondering why on Earth I just made you listen to that little story.  I have no real reason, I just thought it was neat.  On to my real resolutions!

1.  Get in shape.  I know every woman makes this resolution every year.  Seriously though.  So many people have told me that I look skinnier now than I did before I got pregnant...which is...weird I guess.  I must have been really chubby when I got pregnant, right?  I don't know.  Anyway, I figure that I'd better get more in shape before Little Miss becomes mobile and I have to chase her around the playground.  Also, it has felt really nice getting compliments on the way I look.  I would like for that to continue.


Last New Years...about a day before Little Miss made an entrance into the universe.


Christmas Eve...what a difference a year makes.

2.  Learn to be awesome with my DSLR.  I have a kick butt camera to capture Little Miss...but the fanciest thing I can do with it right now is turn off the flash...not too impressive.  By Allie's birthday I want to be fantastic at using it.  I want to know how to do fancy stuff, edit, basically I want to be Katie...but me. :)

What are your resolutions?  Or do you even make them?

2 comments:

  1. by Katie you don't mean me, do you? lol....if so, I'm incredibly honored. haha. But I don't know THAT much--;0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...no...my sister is Katie is a photojournalist and moonlights as Aunt Katie, baby photographer extraordinaire. You should find me on facebook. I have lots of her stuff posted. She is pretty amazing. You're pretty great, too though!

    ReplyDelete