This is the kind of post that I always write, but then don't post because I feel like a giant dork.
I was looking at everybody's "Year in Review" posts, all cute with their pictures and month by month memories. And clearly by tomorrow, I will not have it together enough to post one of those. But, it doesn't matter. I'm sitting in the dark peace of the living room. Allie is asleep, breathing (squeak-free, thank you, Jesus) in her rocker next to me. Todd is sacked out on the lounge chair. The only lights are from the muted TV, the slowly turning Christmas tree, and the glow of the laptop screen. I had to start typing to put down this feeling so I don't ever forget. Everything I need is in this room. Everything I love is right here in my arm's reach. It makes me so happy, so incredibly, incredibly humbled and thankful, that it cracks my heart wide open in a way I never knew before this year. So, that's my review of this year...I'm just so happy and thankful in a way I never, ever knew before.
A year ago today, I was praying so hard, every night for a baby. And now, a year later, we have her, my angel girl. So thankful. God is so good. I am sharing my life with my best friend, we're creating a home and a life that I love, and now we have the sweetest little girl, who made us a family. It's amazing how everything else is just details. I don't know what I thought was important before this little family, but I'm sure it now it wasn't. Sitting here now, in the warm glow of the tree, I can see so clearly that all I need in the whole world is right here beside me (softly snoring) in this little room.
Thanks, 2010. You were so very, very good to us. I had no idea a year ago that the best year ever was about to start. I can't wait to see what happens in 2011.
Friday, December 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment