Sigh, worrying. I don't know if you know this about me, but I'm a worrier. Like, gold medal, could go pro, worrier. I don't mean to... I know that I don't need to worry because God already knows every footstep I'll take, and I have faith in that, I really, really do. And since worrying is one of the things that keep me from enjoying the moment, so I suppose a spinoff of my original resolution is to give less power, time, brainpower, etc. over to worry.
So, we saw the movie Up in the Air tonight, which was totally awesome.
Mental aside: Is there any girl who doesn't love George Clooney (except, obvi, for George Clooney's long line of ex's)? Also, Anna Kendrick is adorable in it. Love, love, love her. (BTW, Anna is also Jessica in Twilight proving that Twilight brings only good things into my world.)
Anywho, getting back around to where I started, this movie almost brought on a total worry attack because George and Anna fire people for a living! There are whole montages of people's awful, overly personal reactions to being fired. Not a great thing for a worrier to watch in the midst of the current economic/education situation going on here, folks! But here's the great, awesome redeeming thing (remember, I said it was a GREAT movie, not a sucky one)...the whole theme of the movie was that people are what really matter. Jobs, money, frequent flier miles, cars are nothing without someone to be with at the end of the day. Without people who love us...we can fall apart at the seams, it's easy to unravel (especially for me). It's the people who love us who hold us up and help us hold it together. I looked over at my sweet, loving husband, and we squeezed each other's hands. Today, (and every day, duh) I am thankful for him, who reminds me not to bee (yes, I know, it's only supposed to have one "e") worrying, to stop biting my nails, and to take life a little less seriously. It's pretty great, this life of mine, especially because I get to share it with him. Love you LOML. :) Thanks for making this day and everyday infinitely better because you're in it. And yes, I'll stop biting my thumb nail now. Thank you very much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment