There are a few wonderful perks about being a teacher. Money...is NOT one of them. Free time...is NOT one of them. Snow days though, ding ding ding! Normally, receiving a phone call at 5:30 in the morning would totally tick me off. When, however, it is an automated call telling me that I get two more glorious hours of sleep, bring it on! The whole day is better, mostly owing to the delightful shortness of it all. I mean, getting to school and sending the darlings right off to specials...awesome!
The sad part about today is that Todd left for Florida...boo. and since I am at heart a sleepy bear, I stayed in bed luxuriating in the decadence of an extra two hours of sleep. So, when Todd left for work, I was still in bed, like a sucky wife. Boo again. Well, that'll teach him to go to Florida when I am stuck here in an eternal "snow globe that someone shook up." (thanks Shells) Under the heading of, well that figures, Florida is also experiencing record low temperatures. It's so cold that on KLOVE the other day they said that iguanas went into hibernation mode and fell out of the trees. Poor friends of Hank. I think someone should lay pillows around all the palm trees.
Luckily, Donald and Shells let me be there kid for the evening. We went to El Rodeo where we saw the-girl-that-is-not-Cammie-who-sings-at-our-church. Which, silly as it may seem, was a bit like seeing a celebrity. I think I was staring too much.
Then we walked around Target where I raided the dollar section for cute Valentine's Day stuff. And, in bigger news, I found these slippers. Nick and Nora adorable duckies, get this, for $3.24!!!! I love you Target clearance section!!! Have you seen cuter ducks ever? I love their little hunting hats. It makes them look very woodsy. All in all, it was a very fun evening. I am so lucky to have friends who take care of me when Todd is away. They told me I could call them if I got scared tonight. So sweet!
Then, Steph called me when I got home and we talked for over an hour. Now, we easily have the best husbands, hands down, but there is something good for the soul about gabbing to a girlfriend on the phone. We both updated our goodreads sites and talked about babies.
When we got off the phone, I indulged in my new obsession, I am watching new episodes of Big Love as we speak. It is sooooooo intriguing. It is mesmerizing! I can't look away. I read Escape, and Stolen Innocence, two memoirs by girls who escaped from the FLDS sects, and The 19th Wife: A Novel, which is (duh) a novel about a boy who is one of the "lost boys" who get run out of the community and forced out on their own. I don't know why it is so fascinating to me, but it completely is. So, needless to say, I have already set my DVR to record the new season of Big Love, which starts on Sunday. I don't know how long our free trial HBO will hold out, but I am LOVING it while it lasts.
Well, I am off to bed. Tomorrow I am going with Steph to take the boys sledding...big fun to follow! I can't wait. I do LOVE my boys! Night night folks! Love you Todd! Come home soon!
Update, Todd landed safely. He is going to call me when he gets to the hotel. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment