Todd is in Florida for a critical care conference, therefore, he will get no more mention in this here little blog. :P I stick my tongue out at you sir. You, the JJ, and stupid Miami (but, I still love you the most).

Here he is with his proud mama.

LUCKILY...I have the best friends ever. I had a pretty fabulous weekend in spite of the fact that I was solo all weekend. Friday, Sheldonald and I went to dinner and to Target, where Michelle and I hit up the dollar section for Valentine's stamps and other fun stuff for school. Also, I got *awesome* slipper that were on clearance for $3.24! They are adorable Nick and Nora slippers that have duckies in hunting hats. LOVE!
I had a duck bathroom in college; they are pretty much my favorite. After I got home I talked to Steph for over an hour, which was really fun, because with life being so busy, I don't think we have just talked about nothing for an hour in a really long time. Also, we made plans to go sledding on Saturday, a continuation of an adventure Steph began Friday with the boys.
I had a duck bathroom in college; they are pretty much my favorite. After I got home I talked to Steph for over an hour, which was really fun, because with life being so busy, I don't think we have just talked about nothing for an hour in a really long time. Also, we made plans to go sledding on Saturday, a continuation of an adventure Steph began Friday with the boys. Saturday was a wintry extravaganza of downhill fun! (Okay, it was a cold, wet, slippery two hours, but it was still totally awesome. Sidenote: sweater boots were NOT made for sledding. And yes, smart aleck, I did know that before I went sledding, but it was either sweater boots, or knee-high black stiletto boots...yeah, I thought so) Steph and I had McDonald's for lunch with the boys. Owen was pretty much bursting with excitement and couldn't wait to show off his new snow boots. After McDonald's it was off to the hill. Matt met us there, also, which was a lot of fun. Owen was a sledding CHAMPION. The child has NO FEAR. (I have NO IDEA where he would have inherited that from...hmmm?) He pretty much threw himself down the hill with wild abandon. Look at the unbridled joy on that face...can you see why love love love this boy?
Here he is with his proud mama.
Here he is making the arduous slog up the hill with his AWESOME, TOTALLY DEVOTED Aunt Sara (whom by the way was a popular Owen pick for a sledding buddy ALL DAY LONG)
The wild and crazy Gessners after a three person pyramid sled run.
Aunt Sara guarding Eli (who was NOT a fan of any type of downhill motion).
Which can be evidenced by the great big yawn in the picture below. Doesn't he look totally into the sledding fun? Nooooot so much, right? Oh well, maybe in a couple of years. On a totally unrelated note, have you EVER seen a cuter, more kissable wittle baby face? I just wanna smooch his chubby cheekers!
I also got to go to see How to Marry a Millionaire at the Artcraft with ShelDonald, and then, obviously to the Willard afterwards.
On Sunday, we went to church and then ShelDonald let me come over for Sunday dinner. They made pot roast, which is adorable. Aren't they going to be great parents some day? Then Shel and I graded because we are going to be teachers that grade again...really, no really, I mean it. That is actually happening. At least...I'm trying. We'll see how that goes.
So anyway, I could pout and be sad that Todd is gone and in Florida, while I'm here by myself. Instead, I'm totally choosing to focus on my awesome, awesome friends who kept me company while I here alone. AND!!! Todd will be back on Wednesday (YAY YAY YAY)!
Okay, I'm exhausted. Good night darlin's! See you soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment