Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's a good thing

That only two people read this blog and that since they are my best friends, they pretty much already know everything that has happened lately in my life. But, as this is a New Year's Resolution to document my life, I decided it was time to suck it up, and jump back on the bloggy horse.

I will blame, er, uh, attribute my total lack of posting to two things. They are in chronological order:
1) I wrecked my car. There will be absolutely no pictures of this. Only Donald actually witnessed my disgrace and I much prefer it that way, thank you very much.
Sigh, goodbye Vickie. (Yes, I name my cars. My first sweet little blue car that got flattened by a camper was in fact named Dilly, short for Picadilly Circus, one of my favorite places in London. Vickie is because my car's paint color is/was Victory Red. Yes, I'm a HUGE dork, and no, I don't care. Thanks for asking. Tangent over.)

It has taken me awhile to get into a headspace where I could come up with anything positive to say about a totally sucky situation, which is actually still continuing to be full of suckiness. But here's the best I've got. God kept pick-up truck guy and me both safe. Thanks Jesus! Huge thanks, big love. I'm so grateful that the only damage was of the vehicular variety. Positive thing number 2, the amount they are giving us for old Vickie is probably more than we ever could have traded it in for, and my car had about 112 thousand miles on her. So, her days were probably numbered.

#2 reason I haven't posted....is still a secret, but it is the best secret in the whole wide world!

But anyway, hopefully soon it won't have to be kept a secret anymore...because I stink at secrets! I'm glad to finally be back writing. I really missed it, which is weird.

P.S. Dear friends, thanks for being the best friends ever, ever, ever in the world and giving me lots of love and support through thing 1 and 2 on this list. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment