Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chiquita Banana

So, I love my class this year. Every once in awhile God looks down and says, "Ah, little teacher, you've had a rough couple of years. I'll take it easy on you this year." And you thank God alllllllll yeaaaar loooong because otherwise you would have quit by golly and gotten a job at Target/Starbucks/Children's Museum/etc.

The reason I bring this up...

Tuesday: Two apples appear on my desk...no small children will claim this act of kindness. Cute, I think to myself, what sweet kids.
Wednesday: Two clementine cuties join the two apples...still no one fesses up. Later in the day, they are joined by a bag of grapes...and a baggie of Goldfish crackers...
Thursday: An apple, an orange, a piece of chocolate shaped like a ladybug, FOUR cuties, and a banana (a browning banana, but still...it's the ten year old thought that counts.) OH! And a can of pears...with a fork.

Giggling like maniacs a group of about five of the sweetest eleven year olds in the world FINALLY trip their way up to me to confess to be my secret fruit friends.

P.S. the goldfish was just a copycat by a little one who felt left out

Is that not the cutest/sweetest thing ever? For awhile I thought someone had figured out I had a baby bean on board because WHY else would they be trying to force feed their teacher fruit??

P.P.S. One very funny little boy favorite of mine brought the pears...they were out of fresh fruit. LOL.

So now, I need to pass on a random act of kindness...I'll be on the lookout!

Thanks God for making my year with these kiddos!

Hugs and happy Thursday!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment