Saturday, March 20, 2010

Week in Review

Tuesday - Financial Peace University at church with ShelDonald. Congrats on being DEBT FREE! Amazing. In ShelDonald style, they were remarkably low-key about it. So, no celebrations for Sar. Pouty face, you know I love an excuse to celebrate. This week is BUDGET WEEK. So, Todd and I have our work cut out for us. Neither of us is great at saying "no" especially to each other, so I'm interested to see how our budget pans out. We're really excited, though about knocking out the last of our debt, so it's great motivation to get going, especially with only six months until Bean arrives.

Grades were due Wednesday, so I stayed up late AND got up early to finish getting my gradebook in order. The computer gradebook was down Tuesday AND Wednesday, so, you know, that was fun. I'm sooo glad that's done. I feel like a huge weight lifts every nine weeks when I get my grades verified. Whew, one more to go this year. I can do it!

Wednesday - Started with an already sleepy Sar. Wednesday night brought Financial Peace Home Edition with Steph, Matt and the boys. In addition to getting our Dave on, Matt and Steph days feature AWESOME homemade Bean-food-of-the-week-meals by the fabulous Stephanie. Someday, I hope to be as domestically gifted as Stephanie, I'm completely not kidding. It's one of my goals. Wednesday was Mexican Fiesta night because Baby Bean is the size of a lime this week! A lime, can you believe it? A great big citrus fruit. Check out Growing Up Gessner to see pics of fiesta night, and cute boys making cute faces...like Stinkface, which is my favorite available baby face. ANnnnnnnnnyway, my favorite part of dinner was Sopapilla Cheesecake. Yuuummmmmyyyyy. Best part of being pregnant? Absolutely no cheesecake related guilt. It was amazing. Cream cheese, crescent rolls, cinnamon...all things I love. And it's good because it's for the baby!

Wednesday was especially awesome because drumroll please...Wednesday marked 12 weeks of pregnancy!!!!!!! That's right, first trimester, sorry, we're breaking up. You were soooooo last week. Second trimester here I come!!!!!

Matt and Steph nights always go late because we're so busy having fun that we just don't notice the time until, whoops, it's almost midnight. Wednesday we were looking at demotivational posters on the laptop via the bigscreen tv. Hi-larious. I'm glad we have friends who share our love for sarcasm. Luckily I made it home awake. Barely.

Thursday - Sara =exhausted. Propping my eyelids up with toothpicks-tired. Thursday night was the Rock and Worship Roadshow. Todd and I both grew up singing, so our favorite part of church is always the music. When we moved to Indianapolis, we both really got into Christian radio. Now, three and a half years later, I think Christian music is nine out of ten times what is playing on our ipods/radios. One of our absolute favorite bands is Mercy Me. So we were really, really excited to go. I went downtown right after school to bust Toddy out of work...at five o'clock. I know, unbelievable. Matt and Steph met us at Scotty's for dinner/watching the Butler game. Then we were off to the concert. It was AWESOME. I love love loved it! Mercy Me and the David Crowder Band were my two favorites. I was however, shocked to learn that David Crowder looks a liiiiiiiittle crazy with the hair and the beard. I was totally digging the Mercy Me/Beatles/Mr. Lovewell vibe. I felt really blessed to be there and with such wonderful friends. Thanks Todd and friends for filling my week with so much fun and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment