
Holy baby bloat Batman! Please tell me I didn't always look like that around the middle. The jeans are definitely getting tight, kids, which I'm taking as a good sign, even though a little bit I am just feeling like a chubbs.
Here is the first pregnancy quiz. Hopefully I'll get more prompt as weeks go by. Sorry if it is way too much information. :)
How far along? 8 weeks and 6 days, but the picture is 8 weeks and 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: Please, like I'm weighing myself daily, haha, foolish
Maternity clothes: Not yet, but we bought some. Also, I bought the Be Band tonight because buttoning my pants is an ever losing battle. I'm afraid I'm going to squish my bean in there.
Stretch marks: Isn't pregnancy glamorous? Not yet. I'm sooo looking forward to it though ;)
Sleep: Yes, please! All the time would be best...unfortunately, I haven't made it through a night without needing to pee since I found out about our blessed little Bean...boo
Best moment this week: When we saw our niece and nephews this past weekend, all three kissed my belly and said hi to their cousin. Cute? I think so.
Movement: I wish!!!! Seriously, every pregnant woman should be given an ultrasound to have in her house, just to check on the baby every day. Todd laughs at the impracticality of this, silly medical professional, but Stephanie backs me up on this. I can't WAIT until I can feel Bean and know everything is okeedokee!!!!!
Food cravings: Umm, not really. I have a weird love/hate relationship with food right now. If I don't eat, I puke, but the thought of food is sort of gross. When I do eat though, I realize how hungry I am and I fall upon my dinner like a wildebeest. I know, it's hot, right???
Gender: God help this baby if its a boy. Every single person polled so far has said girl...which I support.
Labor signs: Right now, labor seems about a million billion years in the future. Todd and I agree that time has NEVER EVER moved more slowly than in the past month. We're relishing this time because we know soon time will speed up and snowball downhill uncontrollably. It's a catch 22.
Belly button: Still in, obviously. Todd said cute, but he's the hubs, that's why I picked him ;)
What I miss: Sleeping on my belly, staying awake past 9 on the weekends, salads with gorgonzola cheese
What I am looking forward to: Our next OB visit on the 8th, our 12 week mark, being able to hear Bean on a doppler
Weekly Wisdom: Although at this point I feel unentitled to spout wisdom, here are a couple of things we've learned so far: 1. Buy stock on bottled water. Apparently, I am now part camel. 2. Don't overanalyze the baby books. Sometimes you just need to walk away. Just because you don't have every single pregnancy symptom, it does not mean you suck at being pregnant...I hope.
3. Probably, we should just stay out of the baby section at Target...for a few months...so we stop buying "just one thing."
Milestones: Hitting 8 weeks *again* and for real this time.


YAY for you being back too! I've missed you/your blog a ton!
ReplyDeleteAND- I just have to say, HAPPY NINE WEEKS!! You are a total rockstar for completing another week of this thing called pregnancy. (You should rock out with your Miley Cyrus nightlight!!! LMAO!!) If I do say so myself, you are very possibly the most important pregnant woman that has ever been since you are perfecting the art of bringing a blessed miracle into the world! :) Love you (the collective you) and the Grape!
I bought grapes yesterday at the store!!