Wednesday, February 24, 2010

9 Weeks Old Today!

Hi Lentil! You are the size of a grape today.

Mommy, however, is much bigger. Today we broke out the Be Band because otherwise, your momma was pretty much confined to one pair of black pants to wear to work, that used to be fat pants...now...they're just pants. But hooray, today we wore gray pants, unzipped, Be Band-ed up. Such freedom! And, I wasn't worrying if I was squishing you in too tight pants all day.

We have a doctor's appointment a week from Monday and Daddy and I are both soooooooooo very excited. Sometimes, Daddy puts his head on my belly and talks to you. This morning he wished you happy birthday and told you how much he loved and adored you. You have a good papa little Lentil, you're a lucky bean. I don't think there was ever a man more ready to love a baby than Daddy is to love you. Sometimes he holds your itty bitty clothes and I can see him imagining when you will be those clothes, tucked safe in his arms. And then, my heart melts with the love I feel for you both.

Stay safe, snuggle in, grow big. We love you and can't wait to meet you, but not for another seven months about. Okay Baby Bean?

1 comment:

  1. I'm an emotional wreck the past couple of days! This post was soo sweet that the tears were a-flowing.

    ReplyDelete