Sunday, February 14, 2010

I'll write as soon as I can stop boo-hooing.

So, clearly, I have the best husband ever. The secret is out (although, Todd's greatness is not really a secret, it has lots of witnesses). I am not even going to attempt to write a blog as sweet as his right now because A) I can't beat that, and B) I like, just, stopped crying!

And babe, by the way, writing a surprise supah-sweet blog for me to happen upon, is not fair when I am chock full of baby hormones. You KNOW that everything makes me cry right now (including the parade of nations at the Olympic opening ceremonies. I mean, representing your nation all by yourself? That's patriotism, y'all! You go Bermuda, Armenia, etc.)

So, instead, I am just going to prove how sweet and wonderful my honey is by giving a quick run down of our last Valentine's day/weekend as a family of two. Let me begin by recapping a conversation that we had just a few days ago:

Me: Hon, we're really not doing gifts for Valentine's, right?
Todd: Nope, not doing gifts.
Me: You promise? You're not going to like, surprise me with something awesome, and then I'll feel like a jerk right?
Todd: Nope, no gifts, no cards.
Me: You promise promise????
Todd: Yup, no gifts.

Fast forward to Saturday. I spent the day with Steph, getting the WORST pedicures ever and shopping at Babies R Us (more on this later). And I bought Todd one itty bitty present, a Columbia diaper backpack, that he really wanted, with orange sides. But in my defense, I knew he really wanted it, and it was technically a baby present, NOT a Valentine's-y type present.

Feeling like I majorly cheated, I confessed as soon as I got home.
Me: Honey, I cheated, I got you a present today.
Todd: Haha, that's funny, I got you a present, too.
Me: Seriously? We suck at this.
(P.S. Thanks for cheating honey, I realllllly am glad you got me Big Love on DVD. I know its a train wreck, but I'm sooooooooooo addicted, I can't look away.)

So, I was feeling pretty good about myself. I bought Todd a present that was equally cool as the present he got me. Success...or so I thought...I was so wrong. My husband schooled me at Valentine's Day awesomeness.

Saturday night we went to see Casablanca at the Artcraft in Franklin. I was so excited because I'd never seen it, but I knew it would be romantic, and every movie at the Artcraft is a wonderful cinematic experience. If you haven't been there, you need to try it! So, we pick seats, settle in. . . and. . . sit. Which was weird because Todd had been hurrying to get us there on time, so it was strange that he didn't want to run get popcorn asap. So, we were watching the ads roll by onscreen and all of the sudden, there was an ad that said, "Happy Valentine's Day Love of my life and Bean. Love, Todd". And there on the screen was our ultrasound picture. Ummm, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Melt my heart!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe him? Sigh.

So, after the movie, we went to a hotel called the Indigo, which is a really cool place that even has an adorable doggy that lives in the lobby. We get up to the room and there is a tray of (non-alcoholic) champagne, cheese and crackers, and chocolate covered strawberries and watermelon. There were even towels in the shape of swans. Awwwwwwwww number two.

So, maybe I will be able to get gushy mushy later, when I am not so close to the brink of tears 24/7, but I did want to show how wonderful Todd is. Thanks sweetie for being the best husband ever! Thanks for a great Valentine's weekend. I love you forever.
xoxo,
Sara

2 comments:

  1. And- I don't know what you're talking about. That was the best pedicure ever. I mean who doesn't love a pedicure in which the biotch polishing your tootsies tells you that you have weird toes/is put off by your color choice/doesn't respect your wish for a couples massage on VALENTINES weekend!
    Whore.

    ReplyDelete