Thursday, February 11, 2010

The post in which explain why my baby's favorite animal is a giraffe

Okay...so here is how this all started. Sooo innocently. The night we found out I was in fact pregnant, Todd and I went to Target. And because it was celebratory, we told ourselves we could buy 1 present for the baby. Well, we bought two (exhibit A: too cute giraffe and lovie dovie onesie). The giraffe was just so cute and its little head moves and it plays music when you wind it up and he's just adorable! Plus, seriously, the I heart mom and dad onesie? Right? I mean really. So okay, innocent presents, I was in no way shape or form trying to form an obsession and fuel a baby buying spree. Just a present.

Fast forward to later that night. Because Stephanie is a superbly awesome friend, by the time I arrived at her house, she had already gone to Kohl's and bought Baby Walroth a bevy of cutie cute cute gifts (see cute presents, exhibit B), all of which had, yup, giraffes on them. And get this...they were crazy thoughtful. The actual giraffe is asthma/allergy approved (because if you didn't already know, Baby Walroth will be allergic to...um...life. And earth, and maybe air, possibly water...we'll see how it goes. Poor kid, sorry about the suck allergen gene pool you're floating in right now). Also, the sleeper has giraffe ON THE FEET FOLKS. Sara luvs her some baby clothes with animals on the footsies. And the blanket? Made out of a cloud. So, we all had a good laugh about how great, gorgeous minds think alike and we loved on baby giraffe gifts. Then...it got crazy.


So, we found one of Owen's little Madagascar toys laying around...a giraffe, and thought, "Too funny, let's photograph this for the blogs." But it wouldn't photograph on the shelf where it was, the lighting was bad. So, Steph lays down on the floor and right there tucked against the floorboard was... duh duh duh...a matching giraffe toy. Seriously, two double giraffes? In one night? Crazy, right? So, I took it as a sign. My baby loves him/her some giraffey goodness. Todd thought it for sure meant twins but...unless one is really hiding in there, we know that's not true. Sorry babe.
Exhibit C - matching giraffes again

So...when Todd and I found this Carter's sleeper, with a little hat and GIRAFFE BIB, what choice did we have? None? I thought not. Please review Exhibit D:

I know, this is madness. And I know I can't buy every single adorable giraffe item I run across (wait, I can't right? Okay, I thought not, darn.), but seriously guys, I can't shake it. This giraffe thing has taken over. They're everywhere. I still have 230 days of giraffe loving pregnancy. Is there like, a support group for this? 12 steps? Anything?

2 comments:

  1. I yuv the giraffes! Don't forget the giraffe snowsuit!! Sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooooo cute!!!!!!! I love love love shopping for a new baby. It makes it just so much more exciting!!! xo

    ReplyDelete