Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Presents for Bean!

My sister's love language is definitely gift giving. She gives more thoughtful presents than anyone I know. She didn't waste any time at all showing her love for her new little niece or nephew.

Only a few days after I told her I was pregnant a card and a gift arrived in the mail. And not just any gift. I mean, she could easily have popped into a store and bought one of the bazillion adorable ittybitty wittle baby things that I keep getting tricked into buying by the freaking mommy hormones and first trimester fatigue. But no. My sister keeps a mental running list of my favorites, things I've admired, or even mentioned that I like. No easy task considering that we live 14 driving hours away from each other. Which brings us to the present.


I've always loved/secretly kind of wanted to be a mermaid. Ever since I was five years old and had a truly killer mermaid costume made by my momma extraordinaire for Halloween (unfortunately, I couldn't unzip myself and wet my pants/tail at kindergarten...but I digress). One of my favorite NC stores features watercolor paintings of mermaids. They are beautiful and I admire them everytime I am there. My momma bought me one on one of our family vacations there. So it totally warmed my heart to get this from my baby sister by the beach. I can't wait until my belly actually looks that like! I'm so excited.



Thanks Katie, you're the best and I love you! Come see me soon, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment