Friday, June 18, 2010

25 Weeks

I feel so thankful for summer.  So thankful for friends.  So thankful to be at a place right now where my life is so full of sunshine, friends, love, and laughing until Baby Bean give me a kick to ask, "Hey, what the heck?  You are causing major turbulence in here!"  I love this summer!  Thanks God, You're awesome.



Baby, you are as long as an ear of corn.  Check you out!  You are now a totally formed, skinny little person.  Your job for the next 100 days is to get nice and chubby and develop your little lungs and brain.  Daddy and I have taken the first 4 lamaze classes.  Last night's class was about epidurals and c-sections.  There was way too much looking at needles and knives and cutting.  Mommy felt a little light-headed.  I can't believe that we're essentially only 100 days away from meeting each other.  I.CAN'T.WAIT!!!  I hope you are as pumped as Mommy is.  Love you!
How far along? 25 weeks, but 24 weeks was corn on the cob, and 25 was rutabaga (??!!??!?!?) and who the heck wants to eat rutabaga????
Total weight gain: Well, my grand total for the past two months is 11 pounds.  I don't think I gained much of anything prior to that due to digestive pyrotechnics.  I think maybe total so far is about 16 pounds (??) Yipes.
Maternity clothes? Ahhh, Summer Sara was made for pregnancy.  Knit skirts, sundresses, and tank tops are very forgiving.  I think the dress in these photos is from the Juniors department at Marshall's.  It's been a Summer Sar staple for quite a few summers now.  I did have to let down the straps to accomodate the monster pregnancy boobs, though.
Best moment this week: If you read this you already know, TODD FELT THE BABY MOVE!!!!!  AWESOME!!!!!!
Movement: Yup, baby girl is practicing her karate chops.  She thinks she's a ninja.
Gender: Girl, girl, girl, princess, sweet pea, I'm in love
Labor Signs: No no no, Little Miss, there will be none of that for 15 weeks.
Belly Button in or out? In, but it does look different.
What I miss: Not needing four pillows to be comfortable to sleep.
What I am looking forward to: LAST BLAST IN FLORIDA!!!!  One last sans baby vacation with our favorite EMOS in sunny JAcksonville.  Sigh.  I love the beach.
Weekly Wisdom: For some reason, when you are pregnant, people think it is appropriate to A) start telling you HORRIFFIC stories about their own labor experiences, B) start getting all Judgy McJudgerson about your pregnancy/labor/mothering choices.  All of these people should be politely nodded at and then ignored. 
Milestones: Passing 24 weeks and thus hitting viability!!!!!!!!! Like I already said, I can wait another 15 weeks to meet my little Princess, but it is beyond awesome knowing she would probably make it at this point.  I mean, she already outweighs at birth Josie Duggar.  Sweeeet!

5 comments:

  1. Blog surfing and ran across yours.... it's so sweet! I love your About Me! Have a wonderful Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love knowing that I am not the only person who used food to measure baby's length and weight. Enjoy the last 15 weeks of being pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whooooooooooo girl friend! Oh...and I found my talent. HAIRBOWS. I've got one with little miss W waiting for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm sorry bout that last sentence. It SHOULD have read....I've one with little miss W's name on it.

    P.S. are you sharing your name?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm, VERY excited about hairbows :)

    ReplyDelete