Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The post in which I am a shreiking, giggling 16 year old girl

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!! FOUR HOURS UNTIL TWILIGHT-Y GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sigh, I'll say it.  I love Twilight like a fat kid loves cake.  Or, like a pregnant Sara loves cake, pretty much the same thing. 

Specifically, I love Edward.  With a love that is pure.  Team Jacob, Shmay-cob.  I love me some snowy-white bronzey headed vampire lovin'.  I mean to quote Elayne two times, "Twilight is emotional crack."  True, so true.  And, "I already told Alex, I love you honey, but if Edward Cullen ever shows up at my door, I'm leaving you in one hot second."  I won't comment on that one, cuz my husband reads this blog :)  Just kidding, sweetie!

Luckily, I have a best friend who shares not only my love for Edward, for Young Adult literature (including Harry Potter), midnight showings of movies of the previously mentioned things (You rock, Gessner).  And therefore, at 11:59, I will be excitedly squeezing the hands of said best friend and probably squealing as the curtain goes up on Eclipse. 

So, 16 year-olds,  if you happen to notice two overly-excited looking twenty-somethings, and one slightly bored looking, but oh-so-sweet-for-accompanying-his-pregnant-wife-to-a-midnight-Twilight-movie-husband...think before you snap your gum and roll your eyes at us...you two will one day be twenty-something, and too old for things like midnight showings of teen movies.  But like I said, my love for Edward is true, and true love knows no age limits. :) 

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I would so go see the midnight showing but #1 I'm a new mommy who needs her sleep and #2 I hate crowds. So my sister and I will be going to see this early next week. ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete