Friday, June 11, 2010

Life is better with friends

Once upon a time I drove a tiny blue Ford and was known as Miss Jay-suuuuh-wick to a bunch of charming IPS second graders who were precious enough to be sure that I was a)bi-racial due to my curly hair days, and b) related to Britney Spears, FOR SURE, because I was white.

The BEST part of that life experience was meeting Stephanie McKinney (pre-wedded bliss) who I had no idea would become the most loving, supportive friend in my world. (The worst part of that experience was getting hit by an RV driving home from IPS and putting said best friend's face through a windshield...but I digress).

Where is this long, ridiculous story going? Last weekend we celebrated her birthday (ha, you're at the big kid table now, sister!) With a little jaunt to Brown County and Nashville, a couple of my favorite places to be. We swam, we browsed, I ate apple butter ice cream with cookie dough in the same waffle cone. I rubbed baby bellies and gave smooches to my favorite boys in the world. All in all, a perfectly delightful weekend.

So, happy birthday, Steph! The world wouldn't be the same without you. My world would suck. Thanks for being you!

XOXO,
Sar

Eli and I are about at the point where we tire out at the same time right now...so we're buddies. We're also competing for roundest member of the group right now, so you know, we've got that going for us, too.


Why, yes, that is indeed a cakewreckalicious Kroger creation with two salamanders (??) licking each other's tongues. Why wouldn't that be on a birthday cake?????
You know how I know Owen is Stephanie's child? They are both half fish!
These boys were ready to swim! Well, Owen is, Eli is ready to watch some TV, apparently.
Apparently Owen decided he was grown up enough to waterslide by himself...I don't approve...of the growing up...the sliding was pretty awesome.





Cute.


Oh, little boy, I do love you so. Please know I will show this picture to your first girlfriend and blow it up to 8 X10 for when you graduate high school. Clearly, little boy, you are not impressed. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment