Umm, love that this is the Top2Topic! If there is one thing Summer Sara does, it is read a LOT of books. I read when I first get up in the morning (you know, at like 10:30, 11:00, whatev), I read on the deck while I am soaking up the sun, I read late at night when normal people (read: my husband) who have work have gone to bed for the night. So, as you can imagine, I have about 9 million billion favorite books.
Don't worry, I'm not subjecting you to 9 million billion books. These are my two (oops, three) favorite books I've read so far this summer. Yes, the addiction is that bad. I've already read enough books this summer to have produced two new favorites. So...drumroll please...Summer 2010 Favorites so far...
Ah, the Zygote Chronicles. If you have ever been pregnant, you need to read this. It's hi-flippin-larious. Suzanne Finnamore's totally honest, totally truthful memoir about the making, baking, and birthin' of her baby. It's a super fast read and I promise it will make you laugh out loud. Promise!

Okay, I know this is technically two books, but OMG!!!! I can't even BEGIN to tell you the spectacularity that is The Hunger Games series. I can't even describe it, but it is ridiculously amazing. It's part The Giver, part City of Ember, part Anthem, part...I don't even know. It's about a future America called Panem where the government punishes the Districts for a failed rebellion by making teenagers participate in the annual Hunger Games. I won't give anything else away, but yeesh! It's so good. I read the first one in one day. I read the sequel in two. Even Todd, who is usually so crazy busy that it takes him a month to read a book, knocked out Hunger Games in a day or two because he COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN.
Now, I love summer chick lit as much as the next girl, but seriously, give this a shot. It's crazy!
Peace out girlies! Have fun kicking back by the pool with a great book!





Thanks for linking up! Ill have to check those out!
ReplyDeleteOk, so I didn't expect to fall in love with the Hunger Games. But dang, I just read them for the second time, and they are amazing!!
ReplyDeleteStopping by from Top Two Tuesday :)
Totally want to borrow the Zygote Chronicles! Hope you're having a great summer! Miss you!
ReplyDelete