Monday, June 14, 2010

Best.Anniversary.Present.Ever.

Friday night I felt my baby girl move. I felt Little Miss say "Hi, Daddy!" with her tiny little foot or hand. It was like she wanted me to know that she was in there and that everything was okay. I have to admit, I have been more than anxiously awaiting this day...for weeks. I have tried and tried to coax her into letting me feel her swimming around inside her Momma's belly. I'm not going to say that I didn't talk Sara into drinking some Diet Mt. Dew at the Indians game that night in hopes of getting Bean a little wired...and it worked!!

Hold up your hand. Now hold up one finger (in a pointing position). Now take that finger and gently place it on the back of your other hand. That sweet little gentle gesture was all the more oomph behind Miss Bean's communication with her Daddy. Maybe it was a high five. Maybe it was a smooth five. Maybe she was stretching out those legs of hers. Whatever it was, I love love love it, and I can't get enough. Bean also let me know she was there Saturday morning, when mommy and daddy were still wiping sleepysand from their eyes. Now I know when Sara grabs my hand and puts it on her belly, to sit still and wait, because a little pitter patter is not far behind.

I love these ladies so much. Now I'm wrapped around both their fingers.

I'm in BIG trouble... =)

1 comment: